Tuesday 9.00-10pm – Daisyfield
Friday 9.00– 10pm – Shadsworth
Sunday 8.00-9pm – Daisyfield
Friday 7.45-8.30pm – Shadsworth
This training group is designed for youth and senior swimmers who wish to train and maintain general fitness levels. The natural progression is from the junior squad into the senior squad however some A group swimmers may be moved or chose to be moved into this group. The session will be led by a qualified coach and is designed to give general fitness to those who don’t intend to swim at a high level. Swimmers in this group will be invited to compete in the club gala and other galas
Expectations of Senior/Masters Group
- To complete a masters program to improve the events of their choice
- Training will be developed to meet the needs of the swimmers in the group
- Training will be coupled with skill and technique work at low intensity to develop the efficiency of the swimmer.
- Swimmers can also take part in a land based training program to provide extra strength and power and complement the pool program training. (please stand by for this as it is not yet running)
- Training will be kept interesting, competitive and ‘out of the box’ to retain swimmers interest in the sport.
- Swimmers should attempt to make one of the two sessions to see benefit from the training.
- Swimmers will be asked to attend the club gala and other competitions chosen by the group coach. The swimmers may also be asked compete in the National League team when selected
- Swimmers will be given the option to take part in a coaching program in which they can gain qualifications and also have the opportunity to volunteer at the club.
- Swimmers should act as role models for younger swimmers and encourage and support them when needed.